Friday, December 10, 2010

DIY: a tiny gingerbread house that perches on the edge of your mug.

I love searching the web for awesome DIY projects.  I must have a hundred projects saved in my Bento box.  But, every once in a while, I'll run across something that is absolutely brilliant.  Today, we have one of those items. 



Aren't they amazing?  Maybe I just think they're amazing because it took me about four hours to put this together:

Pitiful, right?  Gingerbread houses are an art.  They are difficult and I'm happy that I at least finished one, even if all the pieces came from a box. 

Over at Not Martha, who could definitely be Martha, you can read the full instructions on how to DIY your own tiny gingerbread house that perches on the edge of your mug.  She even got spunky and added a chimney to some:


One day, I will be brave enough to try another gingerbread house.  Maybe I'll even get spunky and make these tee-tiny versions for my next Christmas party.

1 comment:

Jolie said...

Very cute! I think you have to eat the house before taking a sip of your drink!