Sunday, December 19, 2010

2010 New Year's Resolutions

I posted a list of resolutions at the end of December in this post.  Did I keep them?  Let's take a look:

  1. Find a career that makes me excited to get up every morning;
  2. confront and accept the things that happened in the past;
  3. recognize and cultivate the healthy relationships in my life;
  4. cook a great meal at least once every two weeks;
  5. get up and get moving; and
  6. face the scary stuff.


Number one:  I found a career that I will love, it's just going to take me a long time to get there.  I say yes, I did keep this one.

Number two and six: I have been working very hard on dealing with the past.  It's hard and takes a lot of twists and turns, but I'm doing it.  It's still a work in progress.  But, I still say yes, I've been doing this.

Number three:  No ifs, ands or buts about it, I have accomplished this goal.  And it feels absolutely fantastic.  Not being friends with people just to be nice is very relaxing.  If I like you and I want to spend time with you, I do.  If not, I don't.  I don't have to pretend with the people in my life.  It's all natural. 

Number four:  They may not have been great, but I have been more experimental in my cooking and I'm very happy with the results.  So, yay!  Go me!

Number five:  I failed miserably at this one.  There is always next year, right?

Now, I wonder what should be my 2011 resolutions? 

No comments: