Thursday, February 11, 2010

P90X



Ok, I have completed my first week of P90X.  I have one word to sum up my experience so far: OUCH!! 

My body hurts so bad, but in a good way.  I'm struggling a bit with food.  I pretty much stick to the plan, but I'm starting to get cravings.  I'm going to keep finding new and excited recipes to curb my cravings, but I do not anticipate that my Route 66 roadtrip will be easy.  It's about eating healthy and making a lifestyle change, so I need to find alternative foods that I find exciting.  Maybe a bite of this or a bite of that, but no more burgers 5 days a week. 

As for the exercises, I can't do all the things in the video yet, but I'm on my way.  I feel so much better and have a lot of energy.  On the downside, my body is requiring a lot more sleep.  So, I go-go-go all day long, then crash into a nap and crash into bed at around midnight.  I know my muscles are building and recovering, but sheesh!!

So, for the first week, adhering strictly to the program, I have lost a total of TWO (2) pounds and I'm super-excited about it!!

21 pounds to go!!

No comments: