Monday, April 19, 2010

30 before 30: #5: No sugar/no carbs for 30 days

I've decided to commit to no sugar, no carbs for thirty days, starting today.  Obviously, I can't exclude every sugar and every carb, but I will not eat any unnatural sugar or simple carbs.  Soooo, all whole grains and fruits for 30 days.  

I decided 30 days would be my goal for a couple of reasons.  First, it takes about that long to form a new habit.  And, most importantly, I usually lose interest in these types of things after 2 weeks.  I will make it 30 days this time, I will.  I'm almost 30 years old for crying out loud!  I can do it!!  

Planning and preparation are key to making this work.  So, I made a meal plan for this week:
  
Monday:    Shake, Mushroom casserole, Artichoke Dip and cucumbers and strawberries/whip cream

Tuesday:    Whole grain bread and PB, Mushroom casserole, Stuffed mexican pie, turkey/swiss roll up w/ bell pepper mix and sugar-free pudding

Wednesday: Shake, Stuffed mexican pie, Greek Chicken and greek salad, Artichoke Dip and cucumbers and strawberries/whip cream

Thursday:    Whole grain bread and egg, Greek Chicken and greek salad, Stir fry, turkey/swiss roll up w/ bell pepper mix and sugar-free pudding

Friday:    Shake, Shrimp and avocado salad, Turkey Meatloaf and sweet potato, String cheese 

Saturday:    Whole grain bread and PB, Tuna salad on cucumbers, taco salad, String cheese 

Sunday:    Whole grain bread and egg, Turkey Meatloaf, Chicken pot pie, String cheese 

The chances of me sticking to it are slim to none, but at least I have options.  This morning's breakfast included scrambled eggs with a bell pepper sauce, turkey kielbasa, and strawberries.  Delicious, but already a departure for the menu.   Good news: No sugar, No carbs!  Score one for me!!


No comments: